Tuesday, May 31, 2011

World Environment Day 2011


In celebration of World Environment Day on Sunday June I will be exhibiting my ephemeral installation The Eight Forests in the botanical gardens at Mt Coot-tha in Brisbane. At 10am and 2pm I will be giving an artist talk about this work and my residency this year at the Botanical Gardens.

During the day visitors will be able to take part in an environmental art activity writing on clay and recycled paper what the forests they have visited have meant to them.

My installation refers to the eight major forest types in Australia. Acacia, Callitris, Casuarina, Eucalypt, Mangroves, Melaleuca, Plantations and Rainforests. These forests are one of Australia's greatest assets and are complex, diverse ecosystems that provide a wide array of environmental and socioeconomic benefits and serives.


This work is inspired by the United Nations International Year of the Forests, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment